The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the "Act"), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to Elken Sdn. Bhd., its affiliated, related and/or associated companies (hereinafter referred to as "EK", "Company", "our", "us" or "we"). For the purpose of this notice, the terms "personal data" and "processing" shall have the meaning prescribed in the Act.
- This notice serves to inform you that from the information and saliva sample you have provided us in the Saliva Test & Analysis, purchase, registration and consent forms whether through conventional (e.g. face-to-face/ over the phone interview), electronic means or visit/use www.trueyoudna.com ("Websites"), your personal data is being processed by us or on EK's behalf. This notice applies to all products and services offered by us.
- The personal data processed by us or on EK's behalf may include:-
- personal details (name, age, gender, identity card number, date of birth, race, nationality);
- contact details (address, email address, contact number);
- physical and/or health condition or problems (medical and health history, blood type, DNA, health and mental condition);
- demographic information (age group, medical history, genetic characteristics, biologically identified personal information);
- payment details (bank name, credit/ debit card number, billing address); and/or
- any other personal data provided by you.
- We are processing the personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes, which include but are not limited to the following:-
- to contact you;
- to process your requested products and/or services;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transaction;
- to process any payments relevant to you;
- to research, benchmarking and statistical analysis;
- to generate DNA test result;
- to communicate with you in relation to your DNA test result;
- to recommend you suitable dietary supplements for your consideration;
- to conduct our internal activities, panel testing;
- to deliver of notices, products and/or services;
- any subsequent commercial transaction in relation to any promotion, products and/or services; and/or
- other purposes, directly or indirectly relating to any of the above and GE's activities.
(hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Purposes", or individually the "Purpose").
- The personal data may be used and/or disclosed by the following:-
- any related and/or associated companies of EK, including those incorporated in the future;
- business partners and affiliates that provide related products or services in connection with our business;
- specialists and consultants of EK; and/or
- service providers for any of the Purposes or any other purpose for which the personal data was to be disclosed at the time of its collection related to any of the Purposes.
- Further, the personal data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia. Personal Data may also be disclosed or transferred as a result of any restructuring, sale or acquisition of any company within EK. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is true, accurate and up-to-date. You may access and request for correction of the personal data, to limit the processing of the personal data, or to contact us with any enquiries in respect of the personal data as follows, please contact:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgWe may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data under the Act and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal with reason.
- EK, as Website owner has the discretion to update this notice at any time. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed. You acknowledge and agree that this is your responsibility to review this notice periodically.
- We do not sell, trade or rent your personal data to any third parties. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information with our business partners and trusted affiliates for the purposes outlined above.
- When you give us personal data or information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and to receive on their behalf this Personal Data Protection Notice.
- As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow a minor (individual who is below the age of 18) under your care to submit Personal Data to us. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to us, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Personal Data Protection Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions and omission.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the English, Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese versions of this notice, the English version shall prevail.